Diversified Sourcing Solutions is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer in the Birmingham, AL area.
Diversified Sourcing Solutions has been delivering the highest quality consultants to our clients since 1991. We've built a solid reputation for dealing with our clients and our consultants with honesty, integrity, and respect. We work hard every day to maintain that reputation, and we're very interested in candidates who can help us. If you're that candidate, this opportunity is made for you!
Provides engineering services and advice to industrial engineering activities; prepares reports regarding reviews of production methods, equipment layout and equipment and material utilization.
Process Development and Improvement:
- Develops and implements process improvements to reduce costs, enhance product marketability and reliability, improve competitiveness, improve quality and/or safety for North America Services Operations.
- Improvements will be standardized across all Services Operations and communicated effectively to other regions globally.
- Position must improve costs equal to or greater than the fully costed position of this role.
- May prepare and submit capital justifications necessary to support the changes necessitated within the forecasted budget.
- Coordinates the implementation of all new product and model changes through cooperation with other departments.
- Identifies production concerns and takes steps to correct problems.
- Stays informed of new developments in the engineering and operations/manufacturing fields through continuing education, organizational membership, analysis of trade and professional journals, etc
- Writes/edits programs and stores them per standard operating procedures. Creates setup documents to maximize setup efficiency to include but not limited to: images, setup instructions and links/locations of CNC programs. Manage program changes as necessary. Creates manufacturing routers to establish standard manufacturing processes
Documentation: Initiates and maintains documentation, prepares reports, blueprints, etc. supporting process and manufacturing improvements. Develops budget requests regarding any plan changes.
Quality: Develops and maintains all departmental procedures supporting and maintaining ISO certification.
Cost Containment : Provides product cost information and new product estimates to assist management in the justification of capital expenditures. Reviews prototype designs with Engineering to recommend design changes to develop and reduce target costs.
Other responsibilities as assigned or directed.
· Experience in manufacturing environment required preferably with experience in precision machining of ferrous and non-ferrous castings, shaft-type components, familiarity with standard precision measuring techniques, plant layout and assembly methods, line balancing and time studies.
· Experience programming and operating CNC machinery.
· Demonstrated implementation of lean principles, specifically SMED operations.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate professionally and effectively across all levels of the organization to accomplish desired results
· Proficiency in the use of computers/software to include Microsoft Office, AutoCAD or similar, and ERP systems (preferably SAP)
· Approx. 25% Travel Required
Bachelor’s degree in engineering required. Registered Professional Engineer, Certified Manufacturing Engineer preferred. Proficiency in various computer software necessary i.e. Microsoft Office