Area Manager- Janitorial Dade County
AREA MANAGER - JANITORIAL DIVISION
Diversified Sourcing Solutions is currently recruiting for an Area Manager, territory covers all of North Miami / Aventura, Medley / Hialeah / Miami Gardens. Bilingual, English/Spanish is a must have.
Car allowance is provided, gas card, company phone and Laptop
Basic Function: Under general direction, plans, organizes, directs, monitors and supervises and controls operational area assigned to achieve specified cost and profit objectives and to ensure that all work is performed in accordance with contract specifications.
- Maintains a high level of expertise in the maintenance support functions.
- Conducts weekly inspection meetings with clients and employees to ensure quality and budgetary performance.
- Provides direction and assistance to personnel and interfaces with customers, vendors and project leaders.
- Responsible for all customer contracts.
- Satisfying all quality systems and performances within our customer contracts.
- Responsible to ensure profitability. Meets annual goals for profitability and quality.
- Continually sets new, higher standards for quality customer service.
- Plans, organizes, directs, and controls division operations to ensure quality work in accordance with contract specifications. Estimates resources in facility- related maintenance.
- Schedules, monitors and assesses work performance in all facility maintenance services.
- Coordinates appropriate resource planning and schedules including required labor and subcontractors, to support maintenance project activities
- Manages back-log to determine resource requirements and make recommendations to leadership on allocation of resources.
- Recruits for outside talent and internal advancements. Responsible for succession planning. Working hand to hand with HR
- Reviews division payroll time sheets prior to submission for payroll. (This entails daily review of clock in/out reports and resolving discrepancies on a daily basis and providing payroll department with resolution. This also includes responsibility for setting up new jobs in time clock system, setting up employee pin #’s, and maintaining job budgets in system by employee, days, and hours).
- Continually evaluates procedures, methods, and materials for purposes of improving performance and reducing costs of operation (This involves meeting with the accounting department monthly to review division financial results and job profitability reports).
- Continually analyzes the results of division operations and takes immediate corrective action when performance deviates from standard.
- Ensures that all division operational equipment is maintained in a clean, operable condition.
- Assures the availability of equipment, supplies, and materials in quantities required for company operations, at an economical cost (This includes full responsibility for issuing purchase orders through the system and assigning to correct building locations as indicated by specific work orders. This also includes setting up and maintaining inventory items in service management system).
- Coordinates quarterly physical inventory of warehouse and all service locations and reports results to accounting department.
- Implements approved operating policies, methods, and procedures.
- Develops and trains subordinate supervisors, appraises their performance, and makes recommendations concerning salary adjustment, promotion, transfer, or termination.
- Cooperates with the sales department in the development and review of new business proposals.
- Makes recommendations concerning adjustments in contractual arrangements based on operational needs.
- Ensures the proper handling of customer complaints and problems. Keeps the sales department informed of significant problems.
- Approves, schedules, and reports extra billing work.
- A night time presence is required , minimum of five (5) times per week, to ensure compliance of procedures , training , evaluations and recommendations to area managers, supervisors and cleaning technicians
- Sets clear expectations with team members
- Researches and adopts new technology and methodology.
- Has a designated sale quote on extras after the 3 month on the position
- Communications must be professional and very detail, responding immediately to the problems or suggestions at any time.
- Knows accounts in every aspect of the service, square feet workers, supplies, times schedules etc.
- Keep safety on place and support the organization avoiding employee claims or worker’s compensation under control preventing issues and support best policies and procedures in the company.
- Schedule supply orders twice (2) per month
- Commit to scheduled walk through with clients
- Handle all complaints within 24 hours
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Within the first three days for a new hire and/or new job:
- Give cleaning specifications to team members.
- Train on cleaning procedures (DVD: Interior Office Clean I, Interior Office Clean II, Restroom Cleaning).
- Safety Training.
- Set clear budget hours.
- Review clock in and out policy.
- Supply ID Badge and review policy.
- Supply team member with uniform and review uniform policy.
- Turn all documentation to HR no later than 3 days from the employment start day.
- Explain payroll calendar and discounts.
- Commit to a schedule of review for team member
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent required. College degree preferred.
- 3-5 relevant job experience in janitorial management.
- At least 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Bi-lingual skills in English/Spanish a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with different levels of internal and external customers.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Experience understanding budgets, P/L, and forecasting
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Strong problem-solving, follow up, and negotiation skills, and ability to make swift, sound judgements.
- Strong attention to detail and results oriented.
- Proficiency with technology including MS Word/ Excel/Outlook; Applicant Tracking Systems; Time clock systems; laptop and cell phone usage.
- Must be able to multi-task effectively
- Position requires been available to work some nights.