Distribution Manager - Robesonia, PA
Diversified Sourcing Solutions is recruiting for a Distribution Manager for one of our clients located in Pennsylvania. This is a direct hire position, salary is $50K+, DOE. Food/Grocery/3PL.
Please email an updated resume to email@example.com
- Responsible for day to day operations of 3PL business units located in Customer warehouses
- Daily communication and interaction with customer, associates and supervisors
- Manage and allocate resources based upon customer needs
- Executing and balancing daily deposits and following all Cash Handling procedures
- Managing to ensure operational excellence in all warehouse areas
- Coach, train, and develop Associates through training programs, providing both informal (e.g. on-floor coaching) and formal (e.g. written evaluation) job performance based feedback
- Ensure a culture of safety throughout the local site by following all safety policies and procedures - monitor warehouse safety, physical security and operational metrics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Assigns tasks to associates in a fair and equitable manner
- Manage all aspects of associate relations to include, but not limited to, associate interviewing, hiring, coaching, counseling, disciplinary actions, conflict resolution, time off, training, and development
- Ability to quickly and appropriately react to situations in the warehouse environment; prioritize time and resources to provide resolution
- Communicate effectively, clearly and concisely with all audiences; to keep others informed
- Ability to listen carefully to input and feedback and adapt return feedback to fit audience
- Self-motivated self and motivates others to accomplish important objectives despite a complex environment and multiple demands; creates a sense of urgency; delegates appropriately
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and to be on-call at various times. Must be able to work weekends and holidays
- Must be open to relocation
- Proven experience in providing high levels of customer service to internal and external customers
- Strong organization and prioritizing skills
- Responsible for building and maintaining a mutually beneficial relationship with partner at that site. May also have additional corporate office contacts as well depending on the partner and situation
- Responsible for setting and maintaining quality and productivity standards in accordance with 3PL corporate policy and metrics
- Execute safe and accurate cash and check handling on a daily basis in line with 3PL standard policies and expectations
- Create an environment of continuous improvement, where processes and procedures may be modified or improved to continue to drive safety, quality and productivity
- Maintain an atmosphere with open lines of communication between production associates and site management
- Constantly seek new opportunities to increase additional services performed at the site for our Partner
- Improve site load capture percentage by seeking out additional carriers and vendors not being unloaded by 3PL
- Comply with all administrative reporting and financial policies and procedures
- Perform Human Resources and Payroll functions in compliance with 3PL policies and procedures as well as applicable Federal and State Laws and Regulations
- Stand for periods in excess of four consecutive hours in warehouse environment (concrete flooring and changing temperatures)
- Walking throughout warehouse during shift.
- Ability to safely operate material handling equipment as needed.
- Lift 30 lbs. repetitively
- Demonstrate various safety processes, such as proper lifting techniques.
- Instruct associates in proper methods of unload process.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year College or technical school or one or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. College degree is preferred.
- Must have High School Diploma.
- College degree in business/logistics/industrial engineering is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of two years of progressively more responsible positions in a customer service or warehouse environment.
- Two years of experience in a customer focused position.
- One year of basic accounting or cash handling/reconciling.
- One year of experience in a leadership/supervisory role with associate relations responsibility.
- One year of experience in hiring and training new associates.
“Performs Additional Accountabilities As Required.”
Pay: up to $50,000/year
salary is $50K+