Inventory Control Manager
Inventory Control Manager
Diversified Sourcing Solutions is looking for an experienced Shipping & Receiving manager to manage daily shipping and distribution operations. You will be the one to ensure complete orders are shipped and delivered in a timely manner. This will be a 1st shift position working 7:00am - 3:30pm, Monday- Friday, with occasional overtime as required.
A successful Inventory Control Manager is analytical, well-organized and excels in communications. They must be comfortable with paperwork and information systems and have great knowledge of shipping and receiving procedures.
Job Duties – Inventory Control Manager
Reports directly to Purchasing Manager and indirectly to Materials Managers. Material
Handlers report indirectly to Inventory Control Manager.
1) Compare materials received to materials on vendor’s packing slip then to Purchase Order.
Inspect material and verify that all items are in good condition before signing acceptance.
a) Notify the issuer of the P.O. of any damage, shortages, or “hot” deliveries immediately
(while the shipper is still on site).
b) Clearly identify material ordered for specific jobs by job number.
c) Sign and date packing lists.
d) Submit packing lists to Purchasing Dept. before lunch break and at end of day.
2) Properly document all materials rejected for defect or damage or returned to vendors and
get a signed return slip.
3) Work with Material Handlers to make sure materials are stocked in their proper location
and moved from storage areas to work areas as needed. Team needs to make sure plant is
stocked for production before leaving area to unload trucks.
4) Ensure that Materials Handlers are maintaining their forklifts and operating equipment
safely. Report any unsafe operation to the Purchasing Manager.
5) Be able to operate a forklift and be able to learn how to certify other forklift operators.
6) Ensure that materials are staged for daily production activity.
7) Ensure that materials are put in their place at the end of the day.
a) Nothing that should be inside is left outside.
b) Material that should be covered is covered.
c) Property is clean of trash and out-of-place materials including tires and axles, boards,
8) Other projects and tasks as assigned.
Pay is 36k - 42k annually DOE.
If you meet the qualifications of this position, please apply today. www.mydssjobs.com
Diversified Sourcing Solutions is a national search firm that places top candidates with our top customers. We are an EEO Employer: Race, Color, Religion, National Origin, Sex, Disability, Age or any other classification protected by law.