Facilities Maintenance Manager
Diversified Sourcing Solutions is looking for stand up forklift operators to work in a distribution center in Lancaster, TX. Must have recent, verifiable stand up forklift experience. Position will consist of pulling orders, either full pallet or case pick or replenishment
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
- Provides direct supervision, coaching, and leadership to maintenance and housekeeping team to ensure high quality maintenance solutions and superior customer service. This includes selection and hiring of staff, training technicians, writing and administering performance reviews and coaching technicians as needed.
- Manages daily workflow and assigns work to team. Reviews all completed work orders completed by supervised technicians and outside contractors on a daily basis.
- Ensures maintenance and housekeeping associates are trained and are following established safety and hygiene policies and procedures.
- Identifies, evaluates and makes recommendations related to process, parts inventory, safety/compliance, budget, etc. to improve operations, reduce cost and enhance safety in the DC.
- Assists with creating and adhering to facility budgets related to repairs and maintenance, supplies and utility accounts.
- Oversees the preventative maintenance programs for lift trucks, conveyers, HVAC systems and other products or systems, by using SAP as the main system of records.
- Adheres to regulatory standards as set by governmental agencies, OSHA, etc. May need to communicate with regulatory bodies on behalf of the company.
- Maintains open, accurate and timely two way communication with all maintenance, operations and housekeeping associates.
- Acts as a backup and may perform maintenance duties in the event of inadequate staffing or emergencies. As such, this position is on-call 24 hours a day requiring flexible work hours.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Requires knowledge normally obtained Associate degree (or equivalent experience). Bachelors degree is preferred. Requires 3+ years of maintenance experience, including 1-2 years of demonstrated leadership experience in either in a maintenance or operations capacity.
Candidate must have knowledge of mechanical and maintenance functions in a distribution or warehouse setting. Mid-level electrical and mechanical skills acquired through job experience or technical training is required. Candidate must have experience with preventative maintenance programs. Requires ability to read, speak, write and understand English (i.e.; written documents such as safety rules, laws, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals). Mathematical abilities to perform monthly budgeting, timesheet sign offs and calculations on contractor invoices. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Must also have the ability to use/read tape measure, read building drawings and assembly drawings for conveyor, parts and machines, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Requires human relations skills to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community. Requires communication skills to effectively present information to management, public groups and/or boards of directors.
- Technical knowledge and experience with industrial electricity, energy management and the National Electrical Code.
- Technical knowledge and experience with PLCs, effectors and sensors in an industrial settings.
- Technical knowledge and experience in the maintenance of industrial powered lift trucks and other industrial equipment.
- Technical knowledge and experience with production oriented computer programs and their servers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience in SAP Plant Maintenance or an equivalent maintenance tracking program is not required, but preferred
- Requires knowledge of electrical multi-meter testing of live circuits and low voltage electrical testing.
- Must have ability to identify differences between AC or DC circuits, install motor pump and drive assembly, relay replacement in panels, and fuse replacements.
- Requires journeyman level electrical wiring and termination of circuits.
- Must have journeyman knowledge and the ability to use small hand tools, drill press, welding/torch machines, press bearings, troubleshoot broken machinery, portable power tools, saw cutting tools, PIT repair lifts.
- Must be able to identify broken machinery and make repairs.
If you meet the qualifications of this position, please apply today. www.mydssjobs.com
Diversified Sourcing Solutions is a national search firm that places top candidates with our top customers. We are an EEO Employer: Race, Color, Religion, National Origin, Sex, Disability, Age or any other classification protected by law.