PRODUCTION MANAGER 70K - 85K Salary
Diversified Sourcing Solutions is hiring a Production Manager for one of our premier clients in the Beverage Manufacturing Industry. Company offers competitive salary and benefits.
Location: Houston, Texas
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Coordinates production activities with purchasing, planning, production, maintenance, and quality control activities to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment.
- Reviews production orders or schedules to ascertain product data such as types, quantities, and specifications of products and scheduled delivery dates in order to plan department operations.
- Plans production operations, establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products.
- Confers with department heads to ensure coordination of production activities with activities of other functions such as planning, quality, sales, records control, and purchasing.
- Prepares operational schedules and coordinates manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality of products meets specifications.
- Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Inspects machines and equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization.
- Provides input to management, engineering, and quality control personnel on new production related project designs, project implementation, and support.
- Works with engineering and maintenance personnel to identify and resolve problems and recommends measures to improve operations and conditions of machines and equipment.
- Develops or revises standard operational and working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with safety policies, GMPs, product specifications, and quality standards.
- Compiles, stores, and retrieves production data.
- Provides leadership and employee development through selection/talent acquisition, performance management, training/development, coaching/mentoring and motivation of management, supervisory, and hourly personnel in alignment with the business goals and objectives.
- Resolves worker grievances or submits unsettled grievances to Plant Manager and/or Human Resources Manager for action.
- Aware of efficiencies and juice loss and works steadily to meet plant goals.
- Serves as primary backup to the Plant Manager for the Houston facility.
- Attends 50% of the Operations Calls throughout the year as well as all Customer Service calls.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Assists in support and implementation of new policies/procedures.
- Makes timely decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment, and communicates changes effectively.
- Includes appropriate people in decision-making process and supports and explains reasoning for decisions.
- Manages competing demands and changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events and reacts well under pressure.
- Responds promptly to customer needs and completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Writes and speaks clearly and informatively, and able to read and interpret written information and present numerical data effectively.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and generates suggestions for improving work.
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Follows policies and procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Observes safety and security procedures and reports potentially unsafe conditions.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and completes work in timely manner.
- Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills and shares expertise with others.
- Is consistently at work and on time and commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Possesses the Skills and Knowledge, and is able to meet the Physical Demands and perform in the work environment described in the Work Environment section below.
- SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Manages three subordinate supervisors who supervise a total of approximately 70 employees in the 1st Shift Production, 2nd Shift Production and 3rd Shift Production Departments. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in business management, food science, food technology, or related field, and minimum five years experience in a Production Supervisory role and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. HACCP and SQF Practitioner certification desirable.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should possess proficient typing abilities, and have knowledge of Spreadsheet Software (MS Excel) , Word Processing Software (MS Word), and Email Software (Groupwise). The individual should also have knowledge of and be competent in the use of Warehouse Management System software and hardware including hand held scanning devices.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Job Type: Full-time
- Production Management: 4 years
- Manufacturing: 4 years