Our firm is searching for an experienced Buyer who will be able to process purchasing requisitions from the managers in the field and turn those requisitions into purchase orders.
The Buyer will be responsible for:
- Creating purchase order tracking systems
- Alerting management when orders have been filled and invoices from vendors have been issued
- Answering vendor questions and providing them with additional order documentation as needed
The successful candidate for this position has experience in the manufacturing industry and an strong understanding of supply chain management concepts.
Requirements of the Buyer
- Bachelor's or higher
- At least 3-5 years experience as an Buyer or Procurement Professional in a manufacturing environment
- Six Sigma, Greenbelt, OSHA is a strong plus
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
Compensation of the Buyer/Procurement
- $60,000 annually
Job Status: Contract/Temporary