Currently seeking a Maintenance Technician for a job opening in the Birmingham, AL area. The ideal candidate should have at least 4 years of experience and be able to perform a variety of tasks related to maintaining the building. These duties could include building maintenance, carpentry, locksmith duties and some light equipment construction.
Responsibilities of the Maintenance Technician
- Perform a variety of facility related tasks in the areas of preventive and general building maintenance, carpentry.
- Responsible and accountable for producing quality work to prescribed standards, with a focus on continuous.
- Follow written work instructions.
- Maintain a safe work environment by adhering to all safety procedures
- Ensure proper use of required PPE
- May participate in LEAN Events, “Six S” activities, action teams, etc
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Assist management with special projects and assignments as requested
Requirement of the Maintenance Technician
- High school or equivalent
- 4+ years of experience in maintenance/utility work or any combination of training and/or experience that will allow
- At least 1 year experience in Locksmith, Carpentry and Facility Maintenance roles.
- Thorough understanding of general job aspects and moderate understanding of the detailed aspects of the job
- Attention to detail and accuracy
Job Status: Contract/Temporary