Pattern Tooling Bench/Machinist
Job Function: Polish machined patterns/rigging/basic machining
Location: Trussville, Alabama
Job Status: Full time
Minimum Education Required: High School or GED
Minimum Years of Experience: 1 Year
Hours: M-F 5:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
• Bench/polish plastic, aluminum, iron and steel foundry tooling after CNC.
• Rig foundry tooling with provided machined components.
• Receive machined tooling and polish to required specifications.
• Assemble provided machined components per drawings.
• Drill, tap and mill tooling as needed.
• Maintain a clean work space.
• Able to operate air powered tools such as die grinders and sanders.
• Work from provided drawings/sketches.
• Basic use of manual machine shop equipment such as lathes, drill presses and milling machines.
• Interpret manufacturing drawings.
• Use of measuring devices such as micrometers and calipers.
• Ability to interact positively with co-workers.
• Safety conscious.
• Dependable. On-time. Self-starter.
• Bending, reaching, pushing and pulling when retrieving various items.
• Lifting required when deemed to be safe. Overhead crane provided for heavier items.
• Position is primarily 40 hrs./week however overtime may be required to complete assignments.
• Estimated standing time is approximately 70% during an 8-hour shift.
• All power hand tools (die grinders, drills etc.).
• Band Saws
• Drill presses
• Milling machine
• Handheld measuring instruments
Must be willing to undergo & pass a drug screen & background check.