Diversified Sourcing Solutions is looking for a highly motivated Production Supervisor for a top client in the Richmond area. If you are looking for a well paid position in an atmosphere that works as a team then look no further. This position has a great schedule, great environment and best of all, the opportunity for advancement.
Some of the requirements and duties can be seen below. This position pays $18.00 -$22.00/hr depending on your experience. If you match these skills and qualities please apply immediately. This position will not last!
Health, Safety, & Environmental
- Support the implementation of processes that reveal safety hazards, and develops sustainable corrective actions.
- Ensures that company policies and procedures are being executed by his/her team in order to ensure compliance with all health, safety, and environmental regulations.
- Ensure that the daily production goals for throughput, quality, target date and cost are being achieved by his/her team.
- Ensures that a safe job execution has priority over a quick job execution.
- Conducts capacity planning and resource allocation for short and medium term production demands.
- Ensures the availability of materials needed to complete production requirements.
- Participates in and conducts Safety and Production meetings.
- Ensures that quality requirements, sample taking, documentation and report keeping are being executed by his/her team.
- Ensures deviations from the standard process are effectively communicated to the relevant people/functions.
- Monitors correctness of material used for production.
- Engages with his/her team to develop and implement standard work.
- Engages his/her team to drive a continuous improvement culture by eliminating waste, overburden, and variability in manufacturing processes.
- Participates in productivity and quality improvement projects.
- Supports developing solutions for cost reduction and yield improvement.
Management and Leadership
- Inspires employees to perform at high levels.
- Sets and communicates clear performance standards and holds direct reports accountable for results.
- Conducts performance appraisals and maintains performance metrics to monitor employee results; identify and initiate improvements for development and/or training.
- Provides on-going coaching, feedback, and development to increase employee performance and production.
- Communicates effectively with direct reports and resolves conflicts within and between individual team members.
- At least 5+ years related work experience with leadership responsibility.
- Is technically competent and capable of backfilling team members.
- Has the ability to understand the manufacturing process and has technical knowledge to ensure product quality and flow.
- Has the ability to understand how activities impact key financial metrics.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety policies and procedures, HR policies, standard work documents, maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, charts, etc.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary