Shipping and Receiving Supervisor
Diversified Sourcing Solutions is seeking an experienced Shipping & Receiving Supervisor for one of our production facilities in Richmond, VA.
- Follow all safety guidelines and participate as fully-empowered team member to achieve organization-wide goal of zero incidents.
- Issues written and oral instructions.
- Examines work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Plan routes for drivers and strategically plan most efficient routes across all of Virginia.
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of workers.
- Maintains harmony among workers and resolves disputes.
- Ensures correct shipment of orders.
- Assists employees with work process problems
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Maintains time and shipping and receiving records.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Ensures all receiving procedures are followed and maintained.
- Follow all corporate requirements/guidelines
- Coordinate with production schedules to ensure on-time deliveries
- Actively participates in the facility’s continuous improvement program. Suggests and implements initiatives that improve the department’s safety service level, cost, and productivity.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in shipping and receiving or dispatch, routing, transportation and/or logistics
- Process improvement experience
- High school diploma or GED Professional Skills
- Excellent ethics and integrity
- High attention to detail
- Collaborative work style
- Excellent customer service
- Ability to work independently
- Professional, positive demeanor
Job Status: Contract/Temporary