Diversified Sourcing Solutions is looking for Metal Scrap Sorters to become an integral part of our team! You will help sort metal parts and pieces into appropriate designated areas/bins.Our client is located south of Houston near 288. They are currently running 2 shifts. 1st shift is from 6am to 6pm and 2nd shift is from 6pm to 6am. Schedule is Sunday through Thursday with occasional Friday's.
- Scrap Sorter: Picker Sorts scrap metal and removes foreign matter preparatory to use in recasting.
- Shovels metal scrap onto conveyor leading to magnetic drum that removes iron and steel pieces.
- Removes contaminating nonferrous metals, manually.
- May also sift scrap to remove excess dirt and rust, using wire sifting tray.
- May also remove inserts from defective castings, using gas torch, tongs, and pliers, and be designated Salvager, Inserts (primary industry).
Possess a positive attitude.
Ability to work in a team environment.
Ability to prioritize.
Ability to remain focused.
Ability to multi-task.
Compensation of the Metal Scrap Sorter
- $10.00 an hour
If you meet the qualifications of this position, please apply today.
Diversified Sourcing Solutions is a national search firm that places top candidates with our top customers.We are an EEO Employer: Race, Color, Religion, National Origin, Sex, Disability, Age or any other classification protected by law.