The Staff Accountant will assist senior accountants and accounting management with basic accounting tasks and research. Communicate with operating divisions and cost centers regarding daily accounting issues. Staff Accountants II trains Staff Accountant I's and Staff Accountant III's train and assist Staff Accountant I’s and III’s. Duties and experience requirements will vary for Staff Accountant II and III.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Supports timely and accurate completion of monthly/quarterly closes. This includes but is not limited to the following:
- Maintains records of routine accounting transactions by making entries and researching the general ledger or Troveris and CMS
- Complete basic account reconciliations which may be for a specified areas cash posting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, Troveris or CMS.
- Assists in the analysis and interpretation of accounting records for use by management.
- Supports senior accountants with the daily tasks.
- Supports internal and external audits as required.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Support: Provide ad hoc information as directed.
- Must be available for scheduled work hours or be able to provide 24 hours-notice to accommodate the needs of the business.
- May work on a team or individually
- Post and enter daily accounting tasks in a high volume environment under tight deadlines.
- May assist on account reconciliations, trend analysis, and analyzes for completeness.
- Researches information requests and responds to issues involving operations.
- Codes and submits check deposits and check requests documenting business transactions.
- Monitors compliance with company procedures.
- Assists in special projects, as assigned.
- Knowledge of GAAP and/or payroll accounting.
- Computer literacy, including Excel, Word, Access, and related accounting/payroll systems. Knowledge of SAP preferred.
- Organization and analytical skills.