The Warehouse Manager is responsible and accountable for safety within the warehouse, staging the inbound and outbound materials, managing inventory counts, forecasting and planning shipments, implementing warehouse procedures, and monitoring and supervising the work of shipping and receiving employees for a 2-shift operation. Overall personnel function and accountability will report to this position, including responsibility for performance and disciplinary issues, training and evaluation of employees and ensuring company goals are met. Additional management responsibilities include, but are not limited to, oversight of finished materials, receiving functions, shipping functions, and transportation between facilities.
Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities:
- Understand, administer and enforce all corporate and plant safety and compliance rules to employees under direct supervision.
- Reinforce PPE policies, requiring all employees to wear steel toed shoes, hearing protection, safety glasses, hair nets/beard nets, etc.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Establish maintenance programs for all Logistics equipment including fork trucks, strapping machines, scales, conveyers, pallet jacks, computers, label printers, shrink wrappers, etc.
- Monitor and ensure that all employees in assigned area are following all applicable food safety policies and procedures.
- Oversee all shipping and receiving of finished goods, raw material, and other miscellaneous items.
- Collaborate on annual budgets and drive cost reduction projects.
- Drive lean manufacturing practices and participate in Kaizen events.
- Ensure all company goals and objectives are met.
- Hold employees accountable for performing all job assignments.
- Oversee placement of incoming trucks.
- Provide accurate forecasts of shipping and warehouse activity.
- Work in conjunction with manufacturing and inventory control departments to maintain accurate inventory.
- Maintain warehouse area for finished goods by completing inventory counts, weekly zone audits and addressing issues
- Communicate with Production, Maintenance and Scheduling in coordinating shipping responsibilities.
- Evaluate employee performances, and administer counseling and/or disciplinary action, making sure that recurring problems are brought to the attention of the Plant or Operations Manager.
- Evaluate newly hired employees and make recommendations to Operations Manager and/or Human Resources Manager as to retraining and retention.
- Train new employees or assign them to workers to be trained.
- Listen to and report any grievances to manager; must be present at first step grievance meetings with Shipping/Receiving Manager.
- Ensure proper supplies are kept for the department while keeping costs to a minimum.
- Meet/achieve safety, quality, production, waste, housekeeping and cost goals set forth by management.
- Responsibility for food safety and GMP’s
- Work independently using sound management judgment and accepted procedures. Able to lead team efforts relative to improvements in process, productivity and efficiency.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of warehouse practices, and inventory control techniques.
- Understanding of business objectives.
- Ability to construct and manage budgets and capital spending needs.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Advanced interpersonal skills.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned by management.
- B.S. or equivalent experience.
- Four plus years in a demonstrated Warehouse/Shipping leadership role.
- Experienced in team projects relative to improvements in process.
- Experience with Lean concepts and practices.
- Thorough knowledge of operating policies, practices and procedures.
- Experience leading through change.
- Strong computer experience, including MS Office (specifically Excel) and WMS.
- Safety is always the number one priority. All actions taken will be conducted in the safest manner possible and without risking injury to yourself or others.
- Follow all Safe Practices and safety policies and procedures.
- Report all accident, incidents, safety violations, near misses or unsafe conditions to your Supervisory IMMEDIATELY. If any bodily fluid (bloodborne pathogens) are present, it must be properly cleaned by a trained employee.
- Our product is our livelihood. We must ensure that our product is of the highest quality. Every employee plays a part in quality
- Follow all Good Manufacturing Practices while in production areas
- Adhere to all GFSI standards policies and procedures in regards to product Safety, Quality and Legality
- Adhere to and enforce procedures in regards to Food Defense and HACCP